Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Sweet Peas



Princess Sophie
Shelter Rescued in Spring 1997
Almost 12





Luna
Shelter Rescued by my Mom in 2006
Adopted by me in September 2007
Almost 3


These are my Sweet Peas.

Sophie has been with me for almost 12 years and if she could talk ...man we would have some reflective conversations together. And she could also maybe explain the big stick up her butt. She can whip up a look of utter dissatisfaction for simply breathing too loud in her presence. She is my girl and I love her to bits ...but most times from a distance lest I draw back a bloody stump.

Luna on the other hand is my cuddle monkey. She was rescued from a shelter where my mom volunteered. She was one of many feral strays that came in that day and she was tiny and scared. Although my mom wished she could take in every single animal that needed a home in this entire world she also had to consider the 2 senior cats she already had. That plus she was also getting older and didn't want an animal that would surely outlive her. But this little one spoke to her heart and before she knew it she was rocking this scared, very tiny little pure white kitten in her arms whispering, "don't you worry little one ...you have a new mommy now". That is how Luna came into my moms life. She cared for her for almost 2 years before she died. I fell in love with her when I had to leave my life here and move to Vancouver to deal with my Moms estate and some legal issues that had come up. She is the living bridge to my mom and I know she is very happy I took her with me for my own.




2 comments:

becomingkate said...

Thay're beautiful!

KIT said...

I love seeing pictures of people's pets. Your cats are full of personality. Thanks for sharing their stories.