Friday, January 2, 2009

Dinner!





I wasn't expecting a busy day today at the store. I could tell just by the parking lot next to the building my store is in that many of the office people downtown were still on holidays. I even allowed myself to open 30 minutes later than usual (something I am loathe to do any other day) but as soon as I flipped my sign I had a customer and they kept on coming for the better part of the day. So that made me happy. I even got some painting done in the paint room. I am down to only one piece of furniture on deck to take the place if one on the floor should sell. I like to have at least 2 or 3.

I left for home late and on my way home made a mental inventory of what's inside my fridge. Tonight it is baby green salad - I make my own dressing fresh - and some pan fried shrimp.

If you like the look of the salad here is how I make it.

Good handful of baby greens out of the big pre-washed pack.
3 mini cucumbers sliced. One of them is actually for snacking while I am cooking.
4 Campara tomatoes quartered. Again one of them is for snacking.
A fresh grind of sea salt and coarse pepper - lots and lots of pepper.
Just before serving I squeeze 2 quarter slices of lime over the greens and a good drizzle of olive oil.
Grate some fresh Parmesan cheese.
Toss and serve.

I always use my wood salad bowl for preparation.

What are you having for dinner?

1 comment:

becomingkate said...

Last night we had steak, but it has gotten so expensive that we it's a rare treat these days. I think that tonight, we'll have salmon and salad.