Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Before and After


I had great intentions to come into the store on Sunday and take some semi-before pictures of a few pieces of furniture that I had already prepped and applied a coat of primer. I recently purchased a Nikon D60 and I have been eager to learn how to use it. I have been playing with it at home - taking pictures of the cats using the 55 - 200 zoom lens, one of the two lenses it came with. I got to the store, opened my camera bag, unloaded my gear and promptly began to change the zoom lens to the normal one. I picked up the camera and the strap caught the corner of the table ...effectively making the camera slip from my hand and crash to floor. I have used this camera what ...maybe 4 times? I cried. Afraid to pick it up. The zoom lens had broken away from the camera body and I could clearly see 2 thin pieces of black casing lying on the floor next to the camera. I tried to reattach the lens to the camera and it wouldn't stay on. Those 2 small, thin pieces of plastic broke from the locking mechanism rendering the lens useless. I cried some more. Yelled a few expletives involving the letter F. Was the camera okay? I cried again ...please let the camera be okay. I attached the other lens and through a bleary tear soaked eye snapped a picture or two.


The camera body is okay, nary a scratch. The zoom lens will cost about $200 to replace and the cost of repair if even an option would cost that or better. Apparently there is no warranty for stupidity ...and if there is ...I didn't buy it.



So I did get a few pictures and of course left the camera at home with the pictures now living on my laptop at home. I think I just cried again.


So since I am here at work and I have a bunch of pictures on this computer I will share a few.







Earrings by Designer Kelly Sweet



Necklace by Designer Kelly Sweet




Art Panel by Papya "Rose" Love Who You Are




A lucky woman got this dressing mirror for Christmas

2 comments:

becomingkate said...

Oh no! I totally would have cried too.

AndiMAC said...

Ooooooh, I love that necklace (swoon) My condolences on your lens. I have felt your pain.